Sunday, April 28, 2013

The New Addition to the Family

Photo: Awww
Today, we added a new addition to my family: Cheerio!


My sister and I had been harassing my dad to get a new hamster. I've been seriously missing Tinks, though and I seriously, seriously wanted to fill that hole. The room where Tinks was just felt way too empty inside. So naturally, I wanted a cute little critter to fill the hole.

At first, I fell in love with a rat but my dad resisted in buying her. He said that we A) didn't have the cage and materials for her and B) couldn't get past the tail. But that was okay because then we saw Cheerio!

Cheerio, who is literally the size of a cheerio. A Chinese dwarf hamster, she is about half the size of my hand. And she's so cute and friendly! She just lays across the palm of my hand and I don't have to worry about her running loose because she's just so calm and cuddles so easily against me. I fell in love with her right when I saw her and I knew she would be enough to fill that hole. So we bought her and I cuddled with her the whole way home. When I got home, I made sure to clean our existing cage of any trace of Tinks and we called it a day.

My whole family has fallen in love with her too. Of course, we had to put her back in her cage so she could get a rest. It'll be hard not to snuggle with her for a while.

I can't wait to play some more with her!

(I still feel bad for that rat, though. Here's to hoping Dad will let me buy a rat and a cage for said rat with my own money. I'm so afraid that lovable sweetie won't find a home!)


No comments:

Post a Comment