Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Snow Days

Today was a snow day for me. The calls came in today at around five that school would be cancelled for the day. The snow fell down so heavily that snow had to be cancelled. Snow is still falling and has been falling for quite a while now. I'm not sure when it will stop.

Snow days are, without a doubt, amazing. They're a great chance to catch up on sleep and be lazy, not really worrying about anything. Netflix and snow days practically go hand in hand. Of course, if you didn't do your homework, you have time to do that, but, if you did, you don't have to worry about anything. If you're working on a research project (like I am now), it's a useful time to work on that.

In the days of my childhood, I would take advantage of this time to go out in the snow and play. As much as I would love to do that now, there's something holding me back. Perhaps it's the fact that I would have no one to play with me anymore or no clothes to play in or the fact that I would notice how freezing it is outside. Probably a combination of all three. Still, I miss it. At least I can see the snow falling out the window and it's a pretty sight.

I used to have to worry about making these days up. In public school, I had to go to school 180 days no exception (this was especially painful when making up Hurricane Sandy days). Considering the amount of snow days I've been having, I would have had to make up quite a great deal of days. Now, in private school, I don't have to worry about that. Snow days are free holidays for me, nice surprises.

I feel so bad for my homeschooled friends and friends in hot places for never knowing this joy. If the snow keeps up, maybe I'll get off tomorrow too and the snow day can continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment