Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I Survived my AP Exam

Woo!
On Wednesday, I took my first AP test. And... I survived. I know this blog post is coming a little (or a lot) late after I took the test, but I've been so busy since then that I haven't had that much to do anything, much less write here. 
 
It wasn't nearly as hard as I thought that it would be. Granted, all of my issues over the AP and its objectives are still present. But I managed to do just fine. 
 
As much as I would love to discuss the specific of the test here, I can't do that. I can, however, discuss what the test was like for me. 
I knew that I would do well on the multiple choice test. I had practiced extensively with them and I've done very well on them. I was able to answer the vast majority of answers, and since there isn't a guessing penalty on the AP, I guessed on the rest (but even that wasn't a totally blind guess, as I was usually able to narrow it down). 
 
What I was really worried about were the essays. I could practice with essays from the past and review different time periods, but, since I didn't know the essays for sure, I went into that test blind. 
 
The DBQ (an essay prompt with documents you have to use as evidence), fortunately, was totally easy. The documents helped, but I could have done it without the documents. The regular free-response essays were harder, but I think I did okay. I had to write two essays, but I got to choose those two out of four (although one was on the Reaganomics and my class hadn't gotten there). Being forced to write without a break for two hours, my hand was cramping to the point where I feared I had gotten carpal tunnel and my brain was mush, but I was alive. 
 
If it was just multiple choice, I would get a five, but, with the essays, I think I got a four. I wasn't nearly as ill-prepared for this AP as I was afraid I might be. 
 
I have no idea what the other APs are like. Hopefully, they'll be even easier than this. Being as I'm taking two other AP tests next year, they should end up just the same. Hopefully, having gone through the ropes already, it will be less scary. Personally, I think the overall class was harder than the test, which made me more prepared for the AP. 
 
I'm just glad to have made it out alright this time around. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment