Saturday, July 27, 2013

Getting My Hair Washed in My Kitchen Sink

 Having your head dunked anywhere is always an interesting experience. Having your head dunked in the sink by your sister because it's too dirty to present to the public... Yeah, that's even more interesting.

That's how I started out my morning. I had forgotten to take a shower the night before. It wasn't like I hadn't taken a shower the night before that or the night before that. This was only one day without showering. But still, to my chagrin, my hair made me look like a total grease monkey. Yeah, I knew I have naturally oily hair but it has never been this bad.

Unfortunately, my mother, sister and I had a shopping trip to go on. I needed to do something and I needed to do something quickly! I tried to put my hair in a hairstyle that would avoid attention but, unfortunately, given my short hair I knew that would be difficult to do.

My sister came to the rescue. She told me to lower my head and she would wash it. It seemed crazy. But what other choice did I have? So she led to the sink downstairs and shoved my head under the faucet.Then she pulled me up by my hair, forced shampoo on it, and told me to close my eyes. I tried not to flinch as she forced her fingers through my hair, so hard she was close to give me bruises. Then she shoved it under the faucet again and scrubbed all the more until she could get it out.

When she was done, she wrapped my head in a towel and laughingly told me I looked like a Muslim. I gave her a look and tried to stop my hair from soaking my shirt as the water dripped down my face.

"You couldn't have taken a shower last night, could you?" she said.

I shook my head.

We laughed.

Mom told us to get going because we had already wasted enough time so we did.

My bad!



1 comment:

  1. I always wash my hair in the sink especially when but not without help though to avoid spills. :)
    - PortableSinkDepot.com

    ReplyDelete