Thursday, July 18, 2013

Staying Home


Since I've come home from camp, that's pretty much all I've done: stay home. I wish there was something more interesting that I could offer but alas that really is all that I've done. I've essentially alternated between the gym and my house, pretty much not doing very much at all.

Obviously, staying home is a million times different than doing all of those activities. It's different than camp, job, etc. It's a lot more free and I get to do what I want to do. There's practically no structure, no rules besides my mother's basic demands and everything.  

It's a little dull sometimes, a little slow, though. Obviously, there isn't nearly as much going on. My mind isn't nearly as stimulated. I feel a little bored sometimes like I'd rather be doing anything but be at home. The gym helps with that a bit but not really. 

At the same time, though, that almost feels good. My mind almost gets to relax. I get to experience a little bit of a break, not having to worry about anything at all. I also feel much more well-rested than when I'm not at home. I also get a lot of writing time in (or sometimes not that much of all when I'm not all that into it). In a lot of ways, it's great and in a lot of ways not. 


No comments:

Post a Comment