Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Dealing with the Cold

It has been a cold, cold winter. One of the worst ones in my region in years actually (the second snowiest, second coldest. Considering how bad this one was, I wonder what the first one was like). It's supposed to be spring right now, but it continues to be cold anyway somehow. The wind practically blew me away today, and, even though it's not nearly as cold as it was, it's still way to be spring. I should be wearing dresses right now and staring at the beautiful flowers, but it's not even close to that. There's even some snow left on the ground at my school. Punxsutawney Phil did more than look at his shadow, I can tell you that.
 
There are quite a number of things I learned over this cruel winter, but one of the most important things I learned was how to stay warm. Or the importance of this. I learned to always have gloves in my coat pockets. I also learned how painful it was just having a coat and no scarf and hat and also, how important it to keep my jacket zipped up. This lesson continues to remain important.
 
This cold winter has also incentivize me to run faster. The private school that I'm going to now has an open campus, so the different classes I'm in are located in different buildings. Major bummer. So I needed to run faster to dodge the cold (this time does refer to the times when I was in school this winter, which admittedly wasn't a lot).
 
So I coped doing that.
 
I also learned to stay inside most of the time, especially with all of the snow days. I know that's probably not the best thing, but it's true. When I was younger, I used to love to play in the snow, but the practice lost its charm. Since I am fortunate enough to be in a house with heating, I stayed inside and learned how to find things for myself to do.
 
Most importantly, I just have to keep going forward. That's how to best deal with the cold, by one day at a time. This cold weather will definitely help make summer look more appealing, and I'll enjoy even the hot weather.
 
In the mean time, I am dealing with the cold.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment