Monday, March 24, 2014

Spring Break



 
Not exactly...
I have spent two weeks and one day on Spring Break. It's practically been a summer, except not nearly as long. Being as I am in private school, I still had one despite the incredible amount of snow days that I had. It is a privilege that public school kids won't have this year.


This is the longest spring break that I have ever had. It has definitely been a busy spring too given my internship and various college visits. I've had so much fun, though, and it's felt like a mini vacation. It was so long that it didn't feel like it was going to end, although of course I knew that it would have to as all spring breaks have to. It was long and rolling, but towards the end came the inevitable dread of knowing that I would have to return to school.  
Unfortunately, this spring break has mostly resembled winter, at least in terms of temperature. For this reason, I didn't get to enjoy the beautiful spring that is supposed to come with Spring Break.

Spring Break always offers me the time to relax and think about something other than school. That's always a nice change. It's a breather, a way to catch up on rest and gain some composure. In the past, it's included vacations, but who am I to complain?
 
Alas, all good things have to come to an end and that includes Spring Break. These feelings of dread always come when I have to return to school, although they are not as bad this year as other years.
At least I can assure myself that I only have to worry about going to school two months and four days after this one. That's very doable.



No comments:

Post a Comment