Friday, March 14, 2014

My Internship


Wednesday was my last day interning at my mother's company. I had mixed feelings about leaving. My internship was certainly a very unique experience, and it certainly helped give me a new skill set that I didn't have before.
On the one hand, it's nice to catch up on my rest. My mother has to wake up quite early for her job and so did I. I was also kept working throughout the entire day, which was exhausting. I'm used to breaks. I was literally working a 9 to 5 job (sometimes 8) and, with the exception of lunch, I didn't take a break.
During my internship, I got a sense of different types of communication jobs in a way that I didn't before. I got to write news release-type articles, edit a little bit and even arrange community events. I learned how to interview people in a better way, how to ask the right questions in order to elicit more information.
I also got to eat some really great food during those lunches, and to talk to all sorts of interesting people. I learned all sorts of fascinating things from those jobs too.

I loved it and I hope I get to do it again soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment