Saturday, April 26, 2014

Prom

Last night was my very first prom. I didn't know quite what I was supposed to expect there, but I tried to go there with an open mind. To my surprise, I actually had a lot of fun. I didn't think that dancing would be my thing, but I enjoyed it. 

I spent most of the afternoon getting dolled up. This meant getting my hair, makeup and nails done, as well as getting my eyebrows waxed. It was a lot of fun and I felt like a queen. I thought this would be my favorite part, but it wasn't. 

Then came the photography part. My parents photographed me in essentially every manner possible and then photographed my date and I in every manner possible once we got to the banquet hall. I have to admit, I was absolutely giddy over the corsage he gave me; it matched great with my dress. 

Originally, I was supposed to go with my boyfriend, but when he broke up with me, I had to find someone else to go with. Luckily, I'm good friends with my chemistry partner and he agreed to go with me as a favor. 

I think I had more fun with him and everyone else than I would have if I went with my (now ex) boyfriend, so maybe it was better off. We came to prom a little early, but that was okay because we got to hang out. Then we met up with our other friends, and that was nice. The dinner was a little too light for my liking, but it tasted wonderful. I was seated at the same table as my ex, but it wasn't as bad as I was afraid that it might be. 

After everyone ate, the banquet opened up the dance floor. And it was great! I'm an awkward dancer, but so were a lot of other people, so it was fine. I just let loose and let myself have fun. I even slow-danced once with my date, although it was awkward because he's so tall I had trouble reaching his shoulders (he's 6'6"). So the dancing was my favorite part, even though it was the part I dreaded most originally. 

My school is nice and small, so everyone (even the underclassmen) got to go. It seems like a lot of prom is about stupid drama and girls fighting each other to have the best dress, but this wasn't like that at all. 

When I left, they were giving out roses. I was actually really sad to leave, though, even though I was tired. 


1 comment: