Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Springtime is Here!



When I walked outside today, I breathed in the beautiful crisp air, I realized something: springtime is here! The air smells like mulch and fresh, and the air has been cool without being freezing. The weather has been coming in ups and downs, but I'm hoping it's going to stick around for a while (with how the weather's been, though, that's not a guarantee). 
Seriously, it's wonderful: walking outside and looking at the flowers that are starting to finally bloom, instead of a bleak, stark, miserable place. It's especially wonderful after all of the heaps of snow that my area has had, and it's long, long winter.
There are so many things that I'm able to do now that it's spring, unencumbered by the cold. I can take walks outside and I can take pictures of things other than snow. I can actually do things outside. I can drive home at seven and it will still be light outside.
Spring is the perfect weather: not too cold, not too hot. It's so temporary, though, because soon enough it will be broiling outside. So I'll enjoy it while I can.
Strangely enough, my allergies aren't acting up this year, which makes it even better. I certainly feel sympathy for those who it is acting, because that can take all of the fun out of spring.

I'll enjoy this while I can, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment