Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Gone


2012 came through like a freight train. It was pretty long and had a lot there but it came along faster than it seemed. And now, here we are. In a few hours, that freight train will pass and another will come.

This sort of nostalgia comes along every year and in every outlet. So I won't resort to all of that because it's definitely unnecessary. I know that just about every place has discussed this (and better than I will) but for some reason, I feel the need to write this now.

Now that the world is still here (the world was supposed to end this year), we can truly look back and smile.

2012 was a great year in terms of movies and music. Movies like Lincoln and Les Miserables made their grand entrance as Gangnam Style kicked Bieber off its throne. The entertainment industry has never been better (although it still has a long way to go to make it good but that's of no matter).

It was also a year of great sorrow. The recent Conneticut shooting summed up all of that tragedy in one although there were other shootings. There was news to make us cringe and want to turn away then.

2012 was a year of both strife and joy for me personally. I have had blessings but also other tragedies in my life.

And, now that 2012 is looming, I can only go forward.

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone.






No comments:

Post a Comment