Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Resolutions

Today is officially the start of the new year. The first day of 2013. I'm not sure if that means something, but everyone sure thinks that it does. After all, it's the start of the calendar.

And yet that's it. I'm still in the same place, the same frame of mind and... The same routine. Nothing life-altering has happened since yesterday (or last year). The only major thing that the year will start with is, sadly, school.

However, since it is a fresh start of sorts, I might as well make a declaration while I still have some inspiration.

So here it goes. Hopefully, this will be more unique than most of the other videos and blog posts people have made on this subject although I'm not entirely sure.

This year, I will do the best to find myself and get to know myself. I will try to find the self-awareness that I have been lacking for so long and perhaps I will finally find some peace within myself. I will not do anything that I feel degrades myself and I will make sure to tend to my own needs rather than anyone else's. I will be true to myself no matter what.

This year, I will try to be happy and to find things that make me happy. This year, I will try to escape from all of the things that make me unhappy. Perhaps this might be difficult given the toxic, stifling environment I am forced to enter every week but I shall try to make the most with what I have.

This year, I will edit more of my books and not just the one I hope to publish. I will try to get a literary agent and a publisher but I will not take the rejections to heart. I will simply try to be the best writer that I can be and create the best books that I can. I will use writing in my mission to live that life to the fullest and be the best that I can be as well as to further explore myself. In addition to writing, I will also try to embark on all other opportunities that are presented to me and try all of the new things that I can. I will take risks.

This year, I will try to be the best person that I can be but not beat myself up when I cannot meet a certain standard.

This year, I will not look back and I will not focus on my past. I will not regret because what it is done is done. I will only do the best that I can do and I will only look forward because that is all that I can do. As I do this, I will live in the present and say "Carpe diem!" I will live my life to the fullest.

Most of all, I will not expect myself to follow all of these idealistic proposals nor be disappointed when I cannot complete all of them. I will only try.

I hope 2013 will be a great year for me as well as all who have bothered to read this post.



No comments:

Post a Comment