Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Learner's Permit

I got my learner's permit today. Yes, that's right. I passed my test and now I can try it out on the road. Ah!

Truthfully, this moment should have come earlier. I had turned sixteen in March and could honestly have taken it then. But until I found out I was going to go to private school, I didn't care one way or another about driving. Now, I want to drive so I don't have to take the bus there. I really regret not taking my test then but oh well.

This means I'm going to have to actually spend my time on the road now. I am going to have to spend sixty five hours on the road, five of those being in inclement weather. They gave us a little log at the driving center and now I have to drive. I have to master a variety of skills, all of which I have to write down in a log that I have to show them.

It was scary, so scary to do it. On the drive there, my aunt had me identify all of the signs and I did the best that I could (although I was definitely afraid to do it). We had to have all the right documents: my passport, my Social Security card, the papers for my physicals, etc. I was so afraid that one of them wasn't going to be able to do it, wasn't even going to be able to do it. I was afraid that they would give my aunt an incredibly difficult time for not being my mother but the man must have thought she was my mother with a different last name. But then everything was in order and I was given a number. When I was called, I went to a computer and took the test.

But I did it. I passed, only getting two wrong out of eighteen. So then I went back to the counter with my aunt and told her (much to her joy). All of that studying paid off.

Since I passed, I got to do the rest with it. They printed me a learner's permit, got me to sign some things and all of that. I was asked if I wanted to be an organ donor since my mom said it was okay and of course, I said yes. Then they gave it to me and told me that I could go back to test there on Christmas (obviously, they won't be open on Christmas so I'll have to do it the day after). So essentially, I called everyone and told them I passed, which I'm sure I'll do on the day I take my driving test also.

Guess it's time to start driving. My dad said we need to go out tonight. I guess we'll see if that organ donation will have any effect soon enough...

1 comment: