Friday, March 16, 2012

Blogging


I started it in August. An article in The Writer inspired me and the more I thought about it, the more I decided to give it a try. So I did it. I took that leap and decided to write my blog. I told myself that I needed to flex my writing muscles and that every real writer had a blog. I had attempted to blog in the past but none of those attempts had worked out so I wasn't quite sure that I would this time. Still, I figured it was worth the shot. I had nothing to lose, anyway, right? I only had things to gain and to learn.

Well I suppose something stuck. It's been six months and one hundred posts later. This is my hundredth post.


Wow. I can hardly believe that, either. That's about a hundred pages worth on Word, give or take a little bit (of course, I'm sure I would be farther alone if this were an actual novel).


I've certainly come along. At least I can now write about more than my anxiety over the start of high school and natural disasters. That has to be something surely.

My blog looks better, too. At some point, I learned a little bit about how to promote my blog so that I at least get some readership and I've learned how to add pictures to make it more reader-friendly and engaging. Over the week, I've learned how to add gadgets at the side of the page to make it look more impressive and I've added a kick-ass picture that I made with a free online software. I'm quite proud of those little accomplishments, though I'm aware that the average reader would think nothing of it.


Blogging has taught me so much about writing. I've learned how to write something other than fiction, I've gotten better with organizing my writing and I've learned how to condense my words to make it look a lot fresher. In addition, I've probably gotten better with style in general and being able to depict different scenarios in a coherent fashion. This feels like a whole new way of writing.


Blogging also has had its personal benefits. Writing has always been a form of expression and, through writing, I have always felt the greatest kind of release. My blog has offered me a specific place to vent and to express myself and it has also given me the ability to do so publicly.


I've felt like I've entered a whole new world in the blogosphere. This doesn't just pertain to writing blogs but looking at other blogs. I've found numerous blogs that are captivating and interesting and have also taught me a lot about how to write my own blog. I've been grateful for those experiences also.


So this is my big thank you to the blogosphere and blogging. Without it, I don't think I would have gained as much insight into both myself and humanity in general.

          
It's been one hundred posts- one hundred expressions of me, one hundred learning experiences, one hundred chances to grow and so much more.


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 100th post. Blogging is such a great way of exercising your writing muscles! Best wishes, Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, and congratulations on your 100th post! Keep going...
    R.A. Nelson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! You have a cool friend. Nice blog too.

    http://kittysinnerthoughts.blogspot.com/

    I cover a variety of writing aspects, mainly geared towards new writers, but stuff advanced writers enjoy as well, in case you're interested I've also contributed 2 articles {one on dialogue and one on opening hooks} to a writer/editor collaboration here:
    http://thirdsundaybc.com/2012/02/19/vol-1-no-2/

    ReplyDelete