Friday, March 2, 2012

The End of the Week

Me right now
 As you fight sleep and stress and boredom all at once through the day, you are also somehow supposed to make it out with good grades on top of it. By the end of the week, you are absolutely begging for some sort of release where none is.
It's super long but almost hopeful too. It seems so far away, the end of the day, yet so near. It's so much harder to wait because you know what's around the corner. It's almost like a hopeful kind of wait, especially when you have to muck through other stuff.

Technically, I'm supposed to be reading from the lifeguard manual in school right now (because my gym teacher is absent and doesn't trust our sub to diligently watch us. Teachers of all kinds never trust subs with anything so they are basically just overpaid babysitters) but I am so bored and tired that I cannot find it in me. If you read my previous post, you know that crisis situations aren't my best thing. You know, because I'm kind of oblivious and clueless. I also happen to be not to be the best swimmer, doggy-paddling through class. That's a different story, though.

Anyway, stuff like this is good. It's the kind of stuff that I would want to have every day but especially on a Friday (or maybe a Monday). It's the kind of stuff you crave by the end of the day after all the hard subjects. A movie is even better of course but it's better than one of those worksheets. I kind of wish there was a button for that, that you could just press when you need it. Unfortunately, the universe does not cooperate with my needs. It kind of ignores me on will.
What I'm SUPPOSED to be doing right now

What I AM doing right now
By the end of the week, you're nodding off. For me, I can nod off and not even realize it. Stuff like this, though, isn't the most important so it's okay. That knowledge alone fills you with an incredible kind of hope, I must say. The week can fill you with an incredible kind of craziness (especially with the projects and homework assignments they shove on our plate. And let's not forget after-school activities, which make life even more hectic). By the end of the week, you're dying.  You're looking for a beacon, a release. You're looking for some way to get through the day.You keep telling yourself that Friday is coming all week but by the end of the week, you feel its presence looming over you. It's that sweet fruit you're not quite high enough to reach.

And then it comes. That beacon is there. It comes every Friday at the end of the week. At that point, you are overjoyed. Friday is that drop of water to your thirsty self.  That alone is enough to make you want to utterly rejoice at the top of your lungs.

It's beautiful. Quite beautiful. I feel excited right now, waiting for it and I must say that this day isn't ending quite as quickly as I had hoped but I'm already mapping out my weekend now.

All I have to do is hope.

Hope.

The end of the week is sweet. I just need it to come right now so that I have some sweet version of freedom.



No comments:

Post a Comment