Saturday, August 20, 2011

Writer's Block

It's the very thing that all us writers dread. The blank screen and the unmoving fingers. The silent beseeching directed at some higher force for it to be filled with something. Yes, that's right. That very evil is writer's block, an infamous ailment known in particular to those who decide to take up the sport .

Of course I've been having a very productive summer, averaging four pages a day (and sometimes more). It's almost been like a 9 to 5 job that I've willingly undertaken. Of course I'm bound to dry up every once in a while.

At least this time around I can explain it. I think this time around I can remedy it with a break, when other times I have not been nearly so lucky. Obviously I am able to write now in this blog, which proves that I am not entirely afflicted.

But grr.. Of course this has to come now when I only have so much time left to write like this. Later on my writing schedule with be restrained by school and necessary homework time.

No comments:

Post a Comment