Friday, September 13, 2013

Dawn

 I take the bus when it's still dark out. I know, I know, early but it's what I have to do if I'm going to go to this school. But at the very least I get to see the dawn when I'm on the long bus ride there. I've been doing this for about a week now and still, the ride manages to lull me into a more relaxed state.

I've learned about the patterns of dawn while I've been awake sitting on the bus when there's nothing else to do. 

Occasionally, I sleep but at that point, I usually am tired but too awake to fall asleep.
At first, the sky just lightens. Slowly. It becomes less dark: from pitch black to just black to dark gray to just gray. Sometimes, it even turns blue when I'm on the bus although that usually comes later.

Rarer yet, sometimes I even see the sunrise. A mish mash of oranges and yellows (sometimes even pink), I can't help but stare.

I soak in the beauty of the sky from my bus seat. It's a beautiful greeting, almost like a fresh start. And when I see the sky sometimes I think of the other people around the world who had borrowed the sun when I was asleep.

It's amazing all I see before the rest of the world even opens their eyes. I've never got to see any of it before.

Written at 6:46 this morning

No comments:

Post a Comment