Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My Daily Battle with My Locker

My locker is evil. It is stubborn, belligerent and downright nasty. I know you might shake your head and laugh at this, dear reader, but it’s the truth. My locker has been hand-delivered by Satan, no kidding. Harsh claims, I know, but I have proof!
It must be about ninety years old or something. Maybe it’s even ageless, some sort of immortal being that has been cast off to my school somehow. And it’s hardly what I can call a real locker; rather, it’s a pit that I have to throw my stuff in. It’s not straight and easy to close as most lockers. Instead, it is crooked like it has been pried open many times by a crow bar (maybe it has been). It might look innocent but it’s not. I know it’s hard to believe but I’m pretty sure it’s actively plotting against me.
To close the stupid thing is a battle of the wills. And that thing sure does have a will. Simply shutting it like a normal locker won’t do. No, that would be too easy and much too kind of it to do. The thing refuses to close unless I give it no other choice. In order to close it, I have to slam it shut and sometimes not even that works. Instead, it sprouts up again and echoes as it does almost as if cackling at my failure.
In situations like that, it takes a combination of slamming it shut and then pressing up against it until it closes for good. Even then, sometimes it doesn't close all the way and at that point, I've usually become so exhausted that I don’t care and I just tell myself that I've done the best I could. After all, the point of it is just to keep it shut. I don’t even bother to lock it as that would be just another hassle.
God forbid when I get my trapper keeper stuck when I close it or something. Then it’s even more difficult. When I get to this stage, I’m playing a literal tug of war with it.
I don’t have the luxury of going to my locker before class. That would make me much too late. No, instead, I can only rely on my locker during my free periods and hope it doesn't consume too much of it. Sometimes, I just leave the thing open and try to remember to close the thing when I have the time.
I've had plenty of other lockers but none have been this cruel. Inconveniently located yes but not cruel. In fact, I didn't even know it was possible for a locker to be cruel. Yet alas, it turns out it is. I have no idea what I've done to deserve its hatred but I don’t think it’s personal (the locker just by its very nature would be difficult).
My locker has been becoming a source of dread for me. When I open it, I have to ask myself, Do I really want to open this? And the answer is usually no, unless I absolutely need the textbook or need to store the textbook overnight. The opening part isn't so hard, of course; it’s what will results afterwards. And sometimes, I’m seriously not in the mood or don’t have the time to handle that. I try to prepare myself and all of my materials ahead of time but that’s not always so easy.
So yes, my locker is evil. Don’t believe me? You should come down to the rec room to see my battle with my locker in question. After that, there’s truly no debating it. In fact, you can practically see its smirk and its scheming eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment