Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Walk

Last Sunday, I took a walk around the park with my dad, sister, dog and grandfather. We wanted to get out of the house and breathe in the great outdoors. As you can imagine, we were quite the team: my grandfather in his scooter, my dog having to be dragged around and panting as if she was about to give birth. I even took a short video of all of our troubles.

We went on the trails, paved and unpaved. Again, an interesting sight. We had to stop every five seconds because my grandfather's scooter got stuck on a branch or something like that. I'm not complaining because it gave me time to take some awesome shots (although despite those frequent stops, I still had to run to catch up to the group).

It was worth it, though, given the beauty of the nature we encountered. At one point, we even got to the water. We got to sit on the rocks and watch our feet dangle below. My dad wasn't able to go as he had to keep the dog from jumping in the water and it would be too risky for my grandfather to go there with his scooter. I got to take some really great shots there although the whole time I was terrified I was going to drop my camera or fall or both (I am rather clumsy). Fortunately, none of these things happened.

Eventually, we called it a day and went out to the truck. Finally, we were back to civilization and on a paved path again! We were also able to find where we parked, which was even more amazing given that all of the paths pretty much looked the same.

We finished off the day with ice cream from the ice cream truck. The dog, at this point, was about to keel over and collapse but we gave her a nice helping of water to help her out with that.
All in all, it was a good (albeit a strange one, in many ways) day and gave me a hearty dose of nature that I'm usually not exposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment