Monday, September 9, 2013

I Missed the Bus

Well I finally did it. I missed the bus. It would have been a whole lot easier if I missed it at my public school but I missed it here at a place a half an hour away. Whoops.


I was too busy talking to my friends and I didn't even realize that the bus was rolling away. 

But sure enough, it did.

I was shocked at first. In denial. After all, that had never happened to me before so why should it happen to me then? But it did. Somehow, despite how careful I had always tried to be before, I missed the bus and in the worst place possible to miss said bus. 



At first, in my shock, I thought this:

And then this: 


I just stared at my one friend who missed his bus too and we just looked at each other.

He shrugged.

I just said, "Shit! Shit! Shit!"

He stared at me, asking me why I was so nervous. I told him my parents would probably be pissed and he just gave me his sympathies.

We tried to bum a ride home from someone. It would have worked too if someone at the school didn't try to stop us. So that was a bummer.

With that not working, he called his parents. No response.

I cursed again but this time I was dishing out f bombs too at this point.

It was inevitable. I would have to call my parents.

I took a deep breath and did expecting to be flayed. 

"Are you kidding me?" my dad asked. "Are you kidding me?"

He sounded pretty pissed.

"Sorry," I said. 

"I'll have to call your mother."

"Okay."

I called my mother too, who was unleashing f bombs worse than I was (a pretty impressive feat). Eventually, it was decided that my dad would pick me up when he was able to.

I realized that my friend probably thought my parents were psychos at the end of this conversation but I didn't care. I was too frazzled but I wanted to hide my shot nerves from him. 

It wasn't too bad. We ate dinner with the boarders and hung out. Eventually, one of my boarder friends joined us and we just had a blast together.

By the time my dad picked us up, he was no longer upset (although he claimed he never had been, just annoyed). My friend realized that my parents weren't psychos but just fallible people and then he fell asleep (presumably exhausted from the whole ordeal) while I started to write this blog post. 

Missing the bus happens sometimes. People make mistakes. I never thought that it would happen to me but it did. I know better this time, though. I also know I seriously need to work on getting my driver's license that much more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment