Sunday, September 22, 2013

Taking Risks

Taking risks is a part of life, however frightening it might be. You have to risk making a move and telling someone how you feel and buying that stock even if you might fail. Truly, it's unavoidable.

If you don't take risks, you might be safe but you'll be stuck in the same old place forever. And that's no fun, is it? Uncertainty and regret are probably some of the worst feelings that there are if you think about it. If you take a risk, you might get burned but at least you'll be able to get some closure and move on (however hard it might be). If you don't, you'll never know. And if you never know, you'll never be able to live with yourself.

This might not seem like much in the moment. Sometimes, the fear is so overwhelming that it might be easier to dismiss that. Yet it will bite you later on as soon as that opportunity has went away. You'll always wonder and the ache of wondering will never go away.

This is also a hard concept to remember after failure. After failure, all you want to do is curl up in a ball and give up. It makes you wish you never tried in the first place because it hurts so much. I've been taking a lot of personal risks lately. One even recently blew up in my face in quite a big way (as much as I want to go into the details of that and rant about it here, I can't risk that). But you know what? I tried. I tried the best I could and now I don't have to live with a what if.

Taking risks is important in life, though. It's how you advance not only in life but as a person. It makes you stronger but it helps you grow up. And even though I'm not sure I'm glad I did it this time right now, I know one day that I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment